For Erie County Veterans who are over the age of 60 or permantly disabled, grants and donations have made this program possible. To qualify for this program:
- You must be over the age of 60, homebound, and/or permanently disabled.
- You must be able to supply proof of service (DD214).
- You must live in Meals on Wheels Erie’s delivery area.
- You must not be a member of another program offering meals or meal preparation.
- You must be referred to Meals on Wheels Erie by a social service agency, Veteran’s advocacy group or hospital case manager.
All Veterans In Need meal program recipients will receive a Ready-to-Heat meal 7 days/week. This includes 2 frozen weekend meals delivered on Friday. Currently, this program is running at capacity.
Call (814) 452-6930 to have your name and information put on our waitlist or to make a donation to this program.