For persons with disabilities between the ages of 18 and 59, the County Department of Human Services and the United Way help fund meals for those who qualify under the Human Service Development Fund of Pennsylvania:
- You must prove low income (Access Cardholder, for instance).
- You must be fully or partially, permanently, physically or mentally handicapped.
- You must live alone. Or, you may reside with someone else who is also incapable of preparing meals.
- You must not be a member of another program offering meals or meal preparation.
- Meals On Wheels Erie is the sole qualifying agent. The Executive Director will interview the candidate in their home and ask additional questions required by the program to determine eligibility.
For all Under 60 recipients, the Light Meal is automatically included in the meal delivery. Frozen weekend meals are not available on this program. Normally, this program is always full. Call (814) 452-6930 to have your name and information put on our waitlist.