Meals On Wheels Erie promotes healthy, independent living through home delivery of nutrition services.
- We offer a Private Pay service of kitchen-to-door, volunteer delivered, hot meals designed for home bound seniors who are or could be suffering from a nutrition deficit caused by the inability to cook or shop for food. There are two other meal programs offering free food if you qualify. You can find those here.
- We also offer a Grocery Shopping & Delivery service for those who are home bound and cannot shop for food themselves.
We have been serving Erie since 1971 and our brand has been a trusted name throughout the world since the first meal on wheels was delivered over 70 years ago. It has since evolved into a worldwide service to seniors and others who are home bound and need a little extra help. There are now over 5,000 senior nutrition programs throughout the United States many of whom operate under the banner of Meals On Wheels.
Meals On Wheels Erie was founded in 1971 and serves over 100,000 meals annually. Can we serve you? Call 452-6930 to see if you qualify.
Why get Meals On Wheels? According to the National Survey of Older Americans Act Program Participants conducted for the U.S. Administration on Aging:
- 85% say Meals On Wheels helps them eat healthier
- 87% say Meals On Wheels helps improve their health
- 91% say Meals On Wheels helps them feel more secure
- 93% say Meals On Wheels means they can continue to live in their own home
- 91% say Meals On Wheels service is rated good to excellent